Full-time, sponsored faculty and staff and those eligible for health insurance are covered by a comprehensive medical insurance provided by CIGNA.
Once you choose your Cigna plan and receive cards with your ID number, register at CignaEnvoy.com to submit and track claims, find in-network providers, learn about our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), access your digital ID cards and certificates of coverage, and more.
- Visit in-network providers in Qatar to take advantage of direct billing and receive 100% coverage for a majority of services. Whenever you pay out of pocket you will receive a maximum of 80% back for covered services (in most cases). Claims must be submitted on-line, within one year after services are rendered.
- Prospective Medical Review Process: Out-of-network, outpatient services (in the US only), are required to be reviewed for medical necessity prior to these services being provided. Services will not otherwise be covered.
- Please call Cigna customer service (number on the back of your Cigna card) if you have been told the service you require is not covered, as a vast majority of services are covered in this region.
- If you have elected Dental or Vision coverage, you will need to pay out-of-pocket and submit a claim for reimbursement (except at network providers in the U.S.) Dental and Vision plans have different deductibles and co-payments than medical services. Further information can be found in the CIGNA Global Health Benefits Brochure and the International Benefits Guide.
Submitting a Claim for Reimbursement
- Submit your claims through CignaEnvoy.com, via their website or mobile app. It’s the fastest and easiest way to submit a claim. We recommend selecting Wire Transfer as your payment option when registering your account (check issuance is the default), as this is the most reliable option in Qatar.
Additional information can be found in the Cigna Global Health Benefits Brochure.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 15050 Wilmington, DE 19850
Phone: (800) 441.2668 (outside the USA, via ATT + access) (302) 797.3100 (outside the USA, collect calls accepted)
Facsimile: (302) 797.3150 (inside the USA) (800) 243.6998 (outside the USA, via ATT+ access)
Other Documents (employee login required)
Overview of CIGNA Health Insurance Plan for Qatar
Cigna Global Health Benefits: ExPat Welcome Kit, Your Cigna Journey (2022)
CignaLinks Middle East Welcome Kit
Cigna Summary of Benefits (International Plan, US Emergency care only, 2022)
Cigna Summary of Benefits (Worldwide Plan, 2022)
Cigna Envoy mobile app
Global Telehealth through the Cigna Wellbeing App
Pharmacy Management for Cigna Global Health Benefits (2022)
List of In-network Providers for Qatar (as of February 2022)